In a quest to cultivate a generation with a profound understanding of sustainable practices and cutting-edge technology, students from SEGi University embarked on an educational visit to the Energy Commission Center, housed in the iconic Diamond Building in Putrajaya. The visit, scheduled for October 30, 2023, at 8 am, aimed to expose students to the innovative green features and smart technology integrated into the building’s design.
Key Outcomes of the Educational Visit:
- Environmental Awareness: The visit served as a gateway for students to comprehend sustainable practices, instilling a sense of environmental consciousness. Witnessing firsthand the green features of the Diamond Building heightened their awareness of the importance of environmental conservation.
- Educational Opportunities: Exposure to smart technology and green features went beyond theoretical knowledge, providing students with hands-on learning experiences. This initiative is expected to spark interest and curiosity in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) fields.
- Energy Efficiency Insights: Students delved into the realm of energy-efficient technologies and practices, contributing to their understanding of creating more sustainable and eco-friendly environments within their campus or community.
- Innovation and Creativity: Immersion in a setting adorned with cutting-edge technology sparked the flames of creativity among students. The experience is anticipated to inspire innovative thinking, potentially leading to the conceptualization of novel ideas and solutions in the realms of green and smart technologies.
- Behavioral Change: Knowledge about sustainability and smart technology can serve as a catalyst for behavioral change. Students, armed with newfound insights, may adopt more environmentally friendly practices in their daily lives.
- Community Engagement: Beyond individual transformation, the visit is poised to enhance community engagement. Students engaged in discussions about sustainable practices and technology could emerge as advocates, fostering a sense of responsibility and community involvement.
- Professional Development: For those aspiring to careers in architecture, engineering, or related fields, exposure to the green features and smart technology of the Diamond Building provides invaluable insights and skills for their future professions.
SEGi University’s commitment to providing holistic education is exemplified through such educational visits, aiming to shape well-rounded individuals cognizant of the importance of sustainability and equipped with the knowledge to drive positive change.