The Diploma programme is aimed at preparing learners to meet the demands and challenges of the teaching profession at nursery and pre-school levels for both public and private centres. It is structured to enable graduates to acquire competencies in identifying the teaching and learning approaches for young children, and to be reflectively and professionally engaged in teaching-learning processes and experiences, curriculum planning and aspects of management.
As graduates, you may look forward to a fulfiling career in the following early childhood-related fields:
Teaching, ownership or management of a childcare or nursery, Pre-school
management consultancy, Employment within international schools.
- SPM / O-Level / SM2; or
- Malaysian Independent Chinese Secondary School UEC Certificate; or
- Equivalent qualification (3 credits) Special entry requirements from 2014 to 2018:
- SPM (or equivalent): 2 credits and 3 years work experience in Early Childhood Care and Education; or
- SPM (or equivalent): 1 credit and 5 years work experience in Early Childhood Care and Education
For International Students:
Pass in the following English Language examination:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - score at least 500
- International English Language Testing Systems (IELTS) - overall band score of at least 5.0 or
- Any other equivalent English Language examination