With the BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying programme, we aim to empower you with academic and practical knowledge with relevant soft skills in Quantity Surveying, grooming you to respond to high demands of qualified and competent quantity surveyors by the local as well as international construction industry.
Understanding the roles of a Quantity Surveyor requires a combination of technical, economic, legal and managerial skills in every stage of the construction and development process. This stretches from the project brief issued to the lead consultant through all the design and planning stages to the construction, completion, occupation and maintenance of the facilities.
As graduates of this programme, you’ll be empowered to:
- Demonstrate accurate techniques and skills of measurement, quantification and cost estimation in construction projects.
- Apply knowledge of economics, building constructions, maintenance and services related to quantity surveying areas.
- Understand and apply the relevant laws, procedures, procurements and dispute resolutions when handling projects;
- Demonstrate good knowledge and analytical skills, problem-solving and communication with relevant soft skills.
- Participate in project management, financial management, entrepreneurship and current construction issues in the area of quantity surveying.
- Practise professional and ethical responsibilities in quantity surveying; as well as conduct further research and development activities to retain a professional membership status in quantity surveying (Sr.) or related disciplines.