SEGi University & University of Greenwich
January / July / September
SEGi University Kota Damansara
Discover Civil Engineering at SEGi and be involved in all stages of development of the physically and naturally built infrastructure in our modern world.
The expertise in planning, design, construction and maintenance of civil engineering projects are highly demanded of civil engineers. This sets us to design intensive civil engineering classes and shape graduates to be highly skilled professionals that possess technical, managerial, organisational, financial, communication, research and critical analysis skills.
The SEGi University BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering is a broad industrial-driven degree programme, which equips you with the fundamentals of engineering and science with the technical skills and knowledge required – shaping you to be literate, highly numerate and competent in all aspects of civil engineering.
Programme Objectives: We aim to produce graduates who:
- Are employable in the global construction industry and other related fields of the Built Environment.
- Pursues post-graduate qualifications to satisfy a passion for research and life-long learning.
- Participates in continuous professional improvement leading to professional licensure.
Programme Learning Outcomes: As a graduates, you are able to demonstrate the following:
- Engineering Knowledge – Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialisation to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem Analysis – Identify and analyse complex engineering problems, research literature and formulate substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences.
- Design/Development of Solutions – Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design systems, components or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations. Investigation – Conduct investigation into complex problems using research based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern Tool Usage – Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modelling, to complex engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and Society – Apply reasoning informed by contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice.
- Environment and Sustainability – Understand the impact of professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate knowledge of and a need for sustainable development.
- Ethics – Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice.
- Communication – Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Individual and Team Work – Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multi-disciplinary settings.
- Life-long Learning – Recognise the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- Project Management and Finance – Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
As civil engineers, your career opportunities are vast and varied, depending on your area of specialisation and interest
Your potential employers include local and international consulting firms, construction companies and research institutions, as well as all levels of government.
Graduates of the BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering are geared to transition into employment, pursuing job roles such as:
- Civil engineer
- Construction engineer
- Design engineer
- Research engineer
- Project manager
- Project director
- STPM with 2 Principal passes (must include Mathematics and one analytical science subject), or
- A-Levels with 2 passes (must include Mathematics and one analytical science subject), or
- UEC with 5 B’s (must include Mathematics and one analytical science subject), or
- Pass in relevant Pre-U / Foundation or other equivalent qualification.
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4|