FULL TIME DURATION
3 - 6 years
Please refer directly to the respective SEGi campus
SEGi University Kota Damansara
Acquiring PhD in Education by Research
The Doctor of Philosophy (Education) is designed for teachers to pursue professional development in order play a greater leadership role in academia or the industry.
Throughout this programme, candidates will develop students’ research skills through quality supervision, methodologies learned from the curriculum and actual application of a research project on a topic of interest (entirely by research without the teaching practicum component). As candidates, you’re required to take courses in Advanced Quantitative Research Methods and Advanced Qualitative Research Methods.
Gain not a greater academic insight into the topic, but be a specialist in the subject with ethical values, social responsibility and professionalism.
You will have opportunities to pursue your career in various organisations including:
- Primary/Secondary Schools
- Tertiary Institutions/Colleges/Universities
- Administration Offices
- Government Agencies
- Health Care
- Youth Services
- Social Service Organisations
- English proficiency with either 600 in TOEFL or with a minimum score of 6 in IELTS; or
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study with a first class honours; or
- Completed Master of Education or * Master’s degree in a relevant field of study; or
- Any equivalent qualifications in a related field of study recognised by the Malaysian Government and University’s Senate.
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|