Montessori Centre International (MCI)
18 months (approx.) with an additional 420 hours of teaching practice (optional)
February / July / September
SEGi College Subang Jaya
The Montessori Method was developed in the early 1900’s by Dr. Maria Montessori, physician, anthropologist and pedagogue, following years of detailed observations of how children of all racial, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds approach learning. Her methods are based in the belief that children are natural learners and that in the right environment, educational materials will spontaneously arouse interest and, therefore, learning.
Today the Montessori method is an internationally recognised mode of education. Teacher’s certification, classroom operation, and appropriate curriculum are well established. This successful academic outcome of a complete elementary programme is well documented around the world.
Having proper qualification in early childhood education keeps you in constant demand. You may look forward to a rewarding career in the following early childhood-related functions:
- Ownership or management of a childcare or nursery
- Educational product research and development
- Pre-school management consultancy
- Employment within international schools
- SPM / O-Levels / SM2; or
- Malaysian Independent Chinese Secondary School UEC Certificate; or
- Equivalent qualification (3 credits including English)