SEGi University & Colleges
|SEGi High Achiever’s Scholarship (HAS)||SEGi Sports Scholarship||School Principal Scholarship||SEGi ACE Scholarship|
STPM / GCE A-Level
|Inner Wheel Club of Kuala Lumpur Scholarship||The Star Education Fund||Hong Leong Foundation Scholarship|
|Karangkraf Scholarship||Sin Chew Daily Education Fund Scholarship||Bursary Pelajar Cemerlang by Ministry of Education, Malaysia|
|Perbadanan Tabung Pendidikan Tinggi Nasional (PTPTN) Loan||1MCA Education Loan||Public Service Department Malaysia (JPA)|
|Employees Provident Fund (EPF)||Mara Sponsorship||Social Security Organisation (PERKESO)|
Not sure what's next for you after SPM? Want to further your studies but the lack of funds stopping you? Worry not for there are many institutions that offer scholarships to help guide your educational journey to the right path.
Each year, companies give out more than 1.5 million private college scholarships to deserving students, worth in the excess of over RM40 million. One such institution is none other than SEGi. Since 1977, we have offered more than RM100 million worth of scholarships. Want to know where your options stand? We have compiled a detailed list and breakdown of all available scholarships at SEGi. You will be bound to find one that suits you!
List of Available Scholarship Options
|SEGI’s High Achiever Scholarship (HAS)||School Principal Scholarship||Bumi Grant Scheme|
Aspiring applicants may apply using the SPM, UEC, STPM or A level results with high academic achievement and play an integral role in extracurricular activities. Should you have an endorsement by the school principal, securing a scholarship will be much easier. Do take note however that this scholarship is not applicable for Health Sciences programmes. Lastly, applicants must adhere to the minimum CGPA of 3.70 each semester in order to continue the scholarship.
Applicable to Malaysian citizens aged below 20 years. Applicants should possess leadership roles in schools such as the head of students, president, or vice president in addition to being active in extracurricular activities. Students also need to have at least a Good or Excellent academic record with a minimum of 5As in the SPM trial results. It is important to note that applicants who have endorsements by the school principal or counsellor have higher chances of securing a scholarship grant. With this scholarship, school leavers may apply for SEGi's pre-university programmes which include the Foundation of Arts, Science, Commerce and A-Levels.
Valid for Malaysian Bumiputera only. With this scholarship, one can obtain a Diploma from only RM20,400* and enjoy savings up to RM10,000 with zero monthly instalment. This scholarship applies to all Diploma programmes except Allied Health Sciences and Early Childhood Education.
|SEGi Sports Scholarship||SEGI ACE Scholarship||For External Scholarships|
Eligible for talented Malaysian athletes who represent at the State or National level in sporting events with verification by a recognised sports association. State level athletes are entitled to a 25% rebate while National athletes can enjoy a 50% rebate on tuition fees. Further to that, applicants need to represent SEGi College or University in MAPCU games or any other tournaments as and when is stipulated by SEGi. Aspiring applicants should meet the minimum CGPA requirement of 2.50 in every semester in addition to maintaining their sporting achievements at the State or National levels.
This particular scholarship is open to all SPM, O-Levels, STPM, A-Levels and UEC graduates. For every Distinction received, applicants will be granted a rebate of RM500 on Pre-University, Diploma and Degree programmes.
Refer to https://www.segi.edu.my/malaysian-student for more info.
10 Ways to Increase Your Chances for a Scholarship in Malaysia
1. Cater to the scholarship sponsor’s requirements
A scholarship application form may often contain the sponsor's prerequisites, but you should explore further. Look up your scholarship sponsor on the Internet for additional clues. A company's mission statement, which can be found in the "About Us" section of its website will point you in the right direction and help give you a clearer idea.
2. A little bit of community work goes a long way
Want to win over a scholarship sponsor? Take the opportunity and volunteer for your community. Sponsors indeed have a preference for active volunteers. The bias towards volunteers makes sense as many scholarship sponsors are non-profit and remain dedicated to helping people. Having community and volunteer work in your portfolio not only gives you an advantage in scholarship applications, it can also be a good experience as well.
3. Look the part
Input your name into Google to ensure that you have a polished online presence. Do remove any inappropriate content from your Facebook profile. Be sure not to use any risqué or silly email accounts. Keep it strictly professional. Establishing an online portfolio, such as through LinkedIn, Flickr or other websites may also be an added advantage.
4. A scholarship search engine can work wonders
Yes, they do exist and can help you search for a scholarship most likely to be in your favour. Check out these sites:
5. Don't ignore the optional questions
Upon filling in your background info on scholarship search engines, explore all optional questions. By doing so, you can trigger double the amount of scholarship matches.
6. See how your scholarship odds stack up
This article shares many insights; CollegeStats.org: Which College Scholarships are Easy to Get? We Have the Data. Take the extra mile and do the research before you weigh your scholarship options.
7. Apply for as many relevant scholarships as possible
It ultimately boils down to numbers and odds, even for the most well-rounded students, luck is a deciding factor. Some scholarships with RM5000 or less may have only 20 or 30 students applying for them; so do make all your applications count.
8. Essay contests do not have as many applicants
Some students tend to be lazy and take the easy way out. Many will actually forego scholarship contests that need an essay upon applying. However, by competing with a smaller pool of aspiring students as well as taking the opportunity to demonstrate one’s initiative and capabilities, this greatly increases your chances in securing that scholarship.
9. Write with passion
When you are composing a scholarship essay, let your inner voice shine through. Try and incorporate as many details into your essay that help divulge who you are. It is good practice to highlight a problem and how you went about solving it effectively.
10. Begin your search locally
Seek advice from your school’s counsellor about scholarships that are available locally. Also, look at notice boards at your school library and outside financial aid places. Local scholarships are indeed easier to find and obtain as compared to regional and national ones.
- Must be a Malaysian.
- Possess relevant high school result; SPM / UEC / STPM / A-Level / Diploma of relevant field (or equivalent).
General Terms & Conditions
- Applicant is required to take part in SEGi activities, including promotional efforts up to 5 hours per week, during their period of study at the University/College.
- Scholarship only covers the tuition fees and shall not include registration fees, miscellaneous fees, foreign portion of the studies and external moderation or examination fees.
- If the scholarship recipient does not meet the minimum required academic requirement, he/she will undertake to pay either the re-sit/ retake fees as deemed necessary by the respective faculty.
- Scholarship offered is not exchangeable, nor is the unutilised portion of the scholarship refundable in cash.
- SEGi University Group reserves the right to revoke the said scholarship if the recipient does not maintain discipline, attendance and good behavior and /or participates in criminal or tortuous acts of omissions.
- SEGi University Group reserves the right to amend the policies and term of the scholarship without notice.
- All information furnished by the scholarship recipient must be true and correct in all respects. In the event of any inaccurate or incorrect information furnished, the scholarship is liable to be withdrawn without notice and in such event the scholarship recipient shall be required to pay SEGi University Group the amount of tuition fees waived to date.
- The scholarship offered is only valid for year 2015. If the scholarship offer is not exercised within the year of offer, it shall lapse automatically.
- The scholarship recipient must accept the offer of SEGi University Group and pay the relevant application fee before commencement of the programme, failing which the scholarship offered will automatically lapse.
- All decisions made by SEGi University Group on all matters to the scholarships are final.
- Applicant must abide by the Rules and Regulations of SEGi University Group.
SEGi University Group Scholarships
- Download the Application Form.
- Send the application to the University/College of your choice:
|Registrar SEGi University No.9, Jalan Teknologi Taman Sains Selangor Kota Damansara 47810 Petaling Jaya Selangor Tel.: 03-61451777 Fax.: 03-6145 1666||Registrar SEGi College, Kuala Lumpur 33-35 Jalan Hang Lekiu 50100 Kuala Lumpur Wilayah Persekutuan Tel.: 03-2070 2078 Fax.: 03-2034 2759||Registrar SEGi College, Subang Jaya Persiaran Kewajipan USJ 1, 47600 UEP Subang Jaya, Selangor Tel.: 03-8600 1888 Fax.: 03-8600 1999|
|Registrar SEGi College, Penang Wisma Greenhall, 43, Green Hall, 10200 Penang Tel.: 04-263 3888 / 04-262 8127 Fax.: 04-262 2193||Registrar SEGi College, Sarawak 211 Jalan Bukit Mata Kuching 93100 Kuching, Sarawak Tel.: 082-252 566 Fax.: 082-231 355|
Please download the application form directly from the respectiveorganisation’s website to access external scholarships.
For more information, you may also email us at email@example.com Information given in this booklet is intended as a guide only. While we try our best to ensure the information is correct at the time of print, SEGi University Group cannot be held responsible for changes/amendments to the information provided in this guide. SEGi University Group reserves the right to change the contents without prior notice.