Chemical engineering works principally in the chemical industry to convert basic raw materials into a variety of products, and deals with the design and operation of chemical plant and Equipment.
The principle knowledge in chemical engineering includes design, manufacture and operation of industrial chemicals and related, development of new chemicals or adapted substances and processes for products ranging from foods and beverages to cosmetics, cleaners and pharmaceutical ingredients, also development of new technologies such as fuel cells, hydrogen power and nanotechnology.
The working in fields derived from chemical engineering includes material science, polymer engineering, and biomedical engineering, membrane technology, water and wastewater treatment industry.
The programmes objectives are to produce graduates who are able to:
- Practice as engineer in industries related to chemical engineering
- Pursue postgraduate studies
- Register with the Board of Engineers Malaysia and subsequently become a professional chemical engineer
As Chemical Engineers, you’ll have exciting career opportunities in areas including: Chemical and allied products, environmental engineering, contracting, oil and gas, consultancy, pharmaceutical, energy, water, food and beverage, materials and design.
- A-Level - 3 passes with UCAS point of 240 (include Maths & Physics / Chemistry / Biology)
- STPM - 3 principal passes with Grade C grade point of 2.0 and above (include Maths & Physics / Chemistry / Biology)
- UEC - 5 Bs (include Maths & Physics /Chemistry / Biology)
- SAM - 60% (include Maths & Physics / Chemistry / Biology)
- CPU - 60% (include Advanced Functions, Calculus & Vectors and Physics / Chemistry / Biology)
- Foundation in Science / Engineering CGPA 2.00 or Pass (include Maths & Physics / Chemistry / Biology)
- Any other equivalent qualification approved by MQA
|Year 1||Year 2|
|Year 3||Year 4|